From creating your own look by copying outfits on Pinterest and Polyvore to shopping at one of the adapted clothing companies (below), there’s no excuse to put on sweats ever again.
Here are the current companies creating garments for people who use wheelchairs.
And vist here to view all my posts on wheelchair fashion (where I share easy tricks that anyone can do).
– IZ Adaptive: This Canadian-based label was founded by high-fashion designer Izzy Camilleri, who after meeting a quadriplegic and designing a leather jacket for her, became interested in designing seated-fashion. She creates clothing for men and women, as well as trench coats, ball gowns and wedding dresses.
– AG Apparel: Founded by Jersey Girl Jordan Silver, this US-based company has been featured in O magazine for their paneled “Morgan” skirt. This line is know for their versatile pieces that can be worn several ways (watch my video reviews).
– LegaWear: Based in Sweden, this company creates custom suits for the seated-frame and was founded by disabled Swede, David Lega.
– WheelieChix-Chic: A very feminine line from the UK, WheelieChix-Chic has been a favorite of mine for years.
– Heels With Wheels: Based in Houston, Texas, this company was founded by Angela Irick, a C2 quad. They create loungewear that can be worn from the pool to dinner (to bed!).