How has your disability influenced you in such a way, that you appreciate certain things more than “everyone else?”
It’s funny. For me – over all these crazy years of having a SCI – “The Little Things Tiff Appreciates” list has grown exponentially.
Here are mine:
– A hot cup of coffee WITH creamer (ok, maybe everyone loves this one, but it had to be said).
– Sunshine. Even those blessed 30 seconds when the clouds shift, and the sun shines on my face for a moment in time, as I drive down the freeway and like magic, I warm up, can be orgasmic.
– “Fresh scent” oil candles by Glade, glowing at night in my completely dark living room. The sight, the smell, can make all the hassles of everyday quad-life go away…for awhile at least.
– My kitty “Pixie” kneading the faux white fur rug on her favorite chair. No matter how many times I see her do it, it just melts my heart. OMG cuuute!
– And getting into my poufy, comfy bed at the end of the day (feather duvet included) whilst watching Iron Chef America. Sooooo comfortable, relaxing, and I’m finally OUT of my chair (bleh…let’s face it. It gets old by the time 10pm hits). 8 blessed hours of non-chair life, here I come!
Ok, your turn. Start typing 🙂