My name is Tiffiny Carlson and I’m a writer and blogger from Minnesota. I have a C5-6 incomplete spinal cord injury from a diving accident in 1993 and I’ve been blogging and sharing life with a spinal cord injury, dating with a disability advice and adaptive fashion tips online since 1997.
I’m the Executive Director of SPINALpedia.com. I was also the SCI Life columnist for New Mobility Magazine for over 12 years (’03 – ’17) and I’ve written dozens of disability-centric articles for sites like the Huffington Post, Penthouse, Playgirl and Nerve.com.
And I speak on issues related to self-esteem as a woman with a disability. I spoke at the Push Nation Fest in 2016 and I was the featured speaker at the Morton Cure Paralysis Fund annual event in 2017. They help bring massive amounts of research funding to SCI research. Please support them via the link above. I also host the podcast, Life After Paralysis.
To contact me, please email me at email@example.com
Check out our Facebook page: Beauty Ability
- Twitter: TiffCarlson
- Instagram: TiffCarlson
- Facebook: Tiffiny Carlson
- Listen to my podcasts – Life After Paralysis and SCI Life Uncovered
Read my writing online:
- Read my posts for the official EasyStand blog, where I’m a regular contributing blogger
- Huffington Post May 24th, 2013: “10 Things to Never Say to a Person in a Wheelchair”
- Read my blog for New Mobility: Spin 2.0
- Read my Disabom blog (’07 – ’10) archive
- Contributor to the The Christopher & Dana Reeve Foundation Paralysis Resource Guide (great resource for new injuries)
- Blogger and writer for Disaboom.com (my fashion article archive)
- ModCloth.com (my blogs/reviews on their garmenta from a disabled female perspective)
- United Spinal’s Action magazine “Wheelchair Fashion Manifesto“
Articles about me:
- Ai Insight: Fashion and Disability: Blending Style with Function
- Job Postings: Success Stories – Tiffiny Carlson
- The Gloss: Ask a Beauty Writer Who Uses a Wheelchair How to Look Good Sitting Down